Wednesday, December 02, 2009

It's Wednesday

Did I mention I'm not too fond of Wednesdays?  Oh well, I'm not going to complain today.  I feel better since last week.  I've decided to let go of some of my worries.  The first one is money.  I have absolutely no money.

I'm actually excited about Christmas.  I feel like its going to be more festive and enjoyable now that I'm not worrying so much about shopping for gifts since I'll be making gifts this year.  I've begun crocheting a scarf (not telling who its for) and its the first crocheted scarf I will be finishing!  Jason helped me pick the color of the yarn while we were at hobby lobby, and I decided to add a set of wooden buttons near one end of the scarf for style.  I'm actually proud of how its looking so far! Just a bunch more to go. :P 

Personally, I rather enjoy receiving homemade gifts.  I see in commercials on TV that lend the message that homemade gifts are "awkward" or "boring", but I think that is obviously the promotion of consumerism above the thoughtfulness of giving.  If someone spend hours making me a scarf, I'd be impressed! Oh and I won't complain that it wasn't a BluRay player either.  The nerve of some of these people in these commercials!


I do need fabrics to continue my Christmas-ing though.  I'm not so worried because crocheting takes more time that sewing does, so I believe I'm ahead of schedule for now.  I do have a sewing machine (Singer Simple), which I received from my mom for my birthday, and I love cranking out things on it.  I've made two kilts, adapted a t-shirt, mended pants, hemmed a robe, and soon I'll be making tops in Renaissance style as gifts for friends and family!  Lets hope none of my family reads this. :)


 This is the scarf I've been crocheting! :D


No comments: